Saturday, January 29, 2011

1-28-2011


Friday morning I took the boys to school and didn't have any problems.  I was pretty surprised when Trent, headed to work shortly thereafter, called for me to bring a pitcher of warm water to unfreeze the garage from the concrete.  Our garage door occasionally freezes down, but it is usually after a long cold storm.  I hadn't remembered any ice build up when I left earlier.  Sure enough, there wasn't even a bit of ice, but our garage door wouldn't even budge.  After a close inspection we realized that the cables were loose.  Something was definitely wrong. 

I always try to be mindful of the many blessings in my life.  Those cables, which make lifting the garage door relatively easy, isn't something that I'd ever been grateful for before.  After an early morning service call to fix the broken spring which thankfully was still under warranty, I was thrilled to find my door working again.  Now, I am thankful for a functioning garage door; I'm thankful for my garage; I'm thankful for my garage door remote; and I'm thankful for warranties!

No comments: